Transfer Guide


Transparent Image
I don’t see my country/school represented. Does that mean you will not accept my credit? If your institution does not appear, that simply means we have not yet reviewed courses from your school. As long as your school has the appropriate accreditation, Kent State University will accept credit from that institution. Visit to review information regarding the accreditations Kent State accepts. The database will be updated upon an official review of your transcript.

My course does not have a direct equivalent? What should I do? Once you have been accepted to Kent State, set up an advising appointment in your college office. Supply your advisor with a syllabus for faculty review. If the course is approved as an equivalent, an adjustment will be made to your degree audit and the database will be updated.

I don’t see how my military credit will transfer? Kent State University is a Military Friendly school. To view military courses or occupations that we have reviewed so far, you can select “District of Columbia” in the state drop-down, and then choose “Military Credits” to see what we have reviewed. We are adding courses and occupations to our tables regularly, and will honor all ACE recommendations for military Joint Services Transcripts. To have your military credit applied to your degree audit, visit to electronically submit your Joint Services Transcript (JST) to Kent State’s Admissions office.

I don’t see AP/CLEP/CBE/IB credit listed on this database? How can I find out what credit I can earn for these exams? Kent State accepts credit for each of these exams. Visit for more information.

How can I find out more about how my credits transfer? Please visit for information regarding your credit transfer.

Transparent Image
Skip to top of page
Release: 8.9